Friday, January 8, 2010

Why is American Culture so Obessed with Physical Beauty and Sex Symbols?

I'm just curious as to why America and the media has become sooo unbelievable obessed with physical beauty and sex symbols? Don't get me wronge, I myslef have always been into hair and cosmetics----I love physical beauty and my own beauty, too. But I also do feel and believe that there are thousands and thousands of other topic and issues that should be praised and recognized as well in American culture, besides beautiful woman and sex symbols!!!Why is American Culture so Obessed with Physical Beauty and Sex Symbols?
because people obsessed with sex and beauty are shallow. it's all about money.Why is American Culture so Obessed with Physical Beauty and Sex Symbols?
All animals are approach to beauty they like what they see they go for it ----its always been , even in the beginning of time --- its just so ----beauty is in ones eyes and ones heart and in ones soul so the question make no sense.beauty is deep we all see that ,some people market it . Report Abuse

I think its natural to appreciate beauty. Now our society takes it to a new level due to marketing, sex sells remember? I personally try to take as balanced an approach as possible. I go to the gym everyday to make myself feel/look good on the inside and out and I also do a lot of self exploration and I'm going to begin journaling soon to spruce up my inner beauty as well.





Balance is key in my opinion
You say ';has become'; as if this were some new phenomenon.... remember Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable, etc. Americans have been obsessed with physical beauty and sex symbols for a very long time.
Because it's easier to attain then inner beauty. You can look great and never say anything, and people will love you. After opening their mouth things then get ugly. I myself can't stand stupid, or mean.
because that's what everyone wants, beauty and fame. and people become obsessed with the beautiful because they want to be them.
empty culture.. always looking for the exterior looks.. money and physical beauty..

No comments:

Post a Comment