Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What do you think of child beauty pageants?

Is it right that children should be made up like Barbie dolls and wear clothes costing hundreds of pounds which are totally unsuitable and ridiculous and wear make-up on looking like clowns? These events must have deep psychological effects on the children. In my opinion it's not a world where children should be and should be bannedWhat do you think of child beauty pageants?
';Jon Benet'; pageants are awful. I agree. I would never put fake teeth, hair, or tans on my little girl. That is saying,';You are not good ehough';. I would, and do, however, put my daughter in pageants. She is seven and has done them since she was six months old. Yes, obviously, the first pageants she did was for me. She was just a baby. But I was a proud new mama, and to me, there was no cuter or more precious child, and I wanted to dress her up and show her off. And I did, and it was fun. As she got older (and grew more hair) I dolled her up more. But with ribbons and lil girl stuff, not fake teeth and makeup. It became about poise and grace, and I am proud of that. We live in alabama and that is important. Yes my baby girl wears blush and lip gloss. And OMG *gasp* sometimes I'll put mascara on her if she wants. She does about 1 pageant every two months. And they are all her choice. My only rule is that if you decide to enter it and I pay for, then yes you have to do it. If she gets to the point where she don't wanna do them she KNOWS she doesn't have to. She also knows that she has to be a complete lady if you wanna win. The ones she does are not about money. they are about poise and confidence, and being proud of being female. She looks and acts like the princess she is. However she is not snobby, rude, or inconsideret. She is a wonderful child that anyone would be proud of, win or lose. But shes just a normal kid. She is a girl scout that likes to hunt and ride her four wheeler.


What really bothers me is that so many people take offense to the idea of beauty pageants. I mean, I understand the Mega-glitz thing is creepy. I would never do that. But whats wrong with natural beauty? When did that become a bad thing? Natural beauty is inside and out. And true beauty radiates out. I'm sorry if some of you have had bad experiences with the crazies, but there is good and bad in every thing. I mean, my daughter knows that she can't be fake, and as she gets older and into the interviews, she's learning to handle herself under pressure and be aware of current events and such.


I just wish people wouldn't base their opinions of other people(me! cuz I let my daughter do pageants!) based on hear say or what they have seen clips (of the extreme) of on t.v.What do you think of child beauty pageants?
I think it is gross and parents who dress their children up like sex objects should be made sterile and have their children taken from them.
i think its disgusting there mothers must be mad to make them dress up like barbie dolls they should be banned.
I agree....they should be banned. Spoilt little brats!
They are cute, However you have to be very careful with them . Sometimes the children can't handle it. Often times it leave the child scared for life .I would not allow my child to be in them. People need to wise up and realize they can not live their dreams through their children.
i dont like them i think there an exuse for little kids to were make up and dress up like sluts
Apart from anything else it encourages Paedophiles. They should be banned. And Paedophiles should be castrated.
Yeah...i agree with you. Child beauty pageants are taking things too far. They are basically telling the child that physical appearance determines whether or not they are worthy to society. I mean, imagine how the young children must feel if they are rejected because they weren't pretty enough!!!! It's hard enough on the adult pageant contestants who already have established their sense of self-worth. Children on the other hand are not ready for this type of rejection and it can haunt them later in life


I beleve they should be banned
They are sick, and wrong, and should indeed be banned.





Did Emily Pankhurst chain herself to railings so young girls could be objectified?





Paedophile fodder.
i think it's a good idea to get the social-lized but i think some of the mom's go overborad with it. It's mostly becomes about the mom's and the pour little ones don't know what there getting themselves into! My idea get the to try it but mom's keep it undercontrol!
It is a very sad reflection on what society has sunk too. These are children and should be allowed to enjoy thedir childhood. Slapping make-up on them and making them prance around a catwalk cheapens them and makes the grown ups to be enirely irresponsible.
Women wear makeup to make themselves more attractive. Of course they do. Is not the making up of children sexualising them? I have seen pictures of these competitions and it is gross. The beauty of children is their innocence. Making them look like adults is stupendously WRONG! What happened to beautiful baby competitions where the kids were judged on their appeal as little people, not on their appeal to adults? It seems to me that the parents have taken it a bit too far.
Those beauty pageants are the result of crazy stage mothers who want to push their children to the top at any cost. It's not for the children, it's for the parents. I would like to smear make-up all over the parents' faces, and make them stand around in hot clothes under spotlights and be stared at and judged and put on the spot by being made to answer ridiculous questions which do not mean anything. I would like to lead these parents to believe that ';only the best parents will win and everyone else will lose'; and let them understand what it's like to experience that kind of pressure.
Maybe it should not be banned, but it should be less serious.


All those make up and clothes is a waste, but it could just be a friendly pagent, nothing too much.


It may steer kids in the wrong direction, and honestly, the parents should know that.
I think its terrible!!! You have moms pressuring little girls what not to do. That will get enough of that when they are older. Its sad to see these 5 year olds compaining about their weight or dissing others. I totally think it shoud be banned or at least not make a show about it. Ya there is a show about child beauty pageants on either vh1 or mtv.
I, too, hate this!





It's cute to get the kids dressed up,, but not like that. It gets out of control!
I think it's disgusting. Even more disgusting are the parents who make them do it. They claim 'they love dressing up and looking beautiful for the judges. It's their choice', but at the end of the day, can a 4 year old really judge for themselves what is their choice and what their mothers have decided for them?





I don't even like the local 'bonny baby' competitions, where proud parents send in photos of their tiny babies - all less than 18 months old, and then people vote on who is the cutest. I think it's a sick mind that came up with that little concept. It's a baby. It's beautiful, whatever colour hair/eyes/dress it has on.





I'm not sure about 'deep psychological effects' but sure as dammit the parents are instilling a very strong message on that child that appearances are paramount and that everything else comes second place. It ain't right.
It's a total rip off as well!They claim that noone leaves without something and give you this cheap trophy with ';SECOND RUNNER UP'; on it,even tho your child wasn't even personally selected for that.
No it's not right, it's disgusting. These ';parents'; should be ashamed of themselves.
its the only way sorry @$$ parents can glorified
You are totally right! I also think it makes the girls feel they need to be pretty and skinny and look like hard shiny plastic to be a ';winner';. (in life)
totally agree - it should be illegal - i dont understand the parents of these children
Frankly, I think it is child abuse and should be an arrestable offense.
the weirdo's that perv on kids like it
i think is CRUEL, let them dress up and put make up on but as they wish in play time and make belive time..
I agree. I think the moms are living through their children. It's disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment