Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do you think child beauty pageants are a good thing?

I watched one on t.v. and was appalled. I think it was too much pressure for the kids, and what business does a 5 year old have prancing around in a 2 piece with tons of make-up for all to see????Do you think child beauty pageants are a good thing?
Why are you asking a question when you already have a biased opinion? It's obvious that you're not looking for an answer. Is your real-life social circle really so small that you need to come on Yahoo! Answers to find people to validate your opinions?





Maybe beauty pageants would have done you a world of good. You might have learned to be more outgoing.





For the record, I competed in beauty pageants until I was seven, got bored, quit until I was sixteen, and have been competing for the past five years. The only men I have ever seen at a pageant are fathers, brothers (always younger brothers), and the occasional gay director or coach. Pageants have done nothing but good things for me, have pushed me to achieve a lot in my undergraduate career, and will continue to push me as I work for my PhD.





So I suppose my answer to your ';question'; would be that.. No, I do not feel that a child should be forced into beauty pageants. In my many years competing, I have never seen this happen, but I know that the media somehow manages to find the minute minority of pageant mothers that force their daughters to compete. Unfortunately, there are also fathers who force their sons to compete in sports, among many other similar situations.





ALL of the children I have seen competing love it. I have even seen children begging their parents to let them do another pageant when their mothers refuse because they fear overworking their precious little girl.





I loved dressing up as a child, but I never wore ';tons'; of makeup. I wore a little lipstick, a little blush, and some mascara. In MANY pageants with younger age divisions, children under the age of 12 or 13 are not allowed to wear ANY makeup. If anything, this is more conservative than real life. Walk into a middle school and count the number of girls wearing makeup.





Enjoy propagating an untrue, negative stereotype.Do you think child beauty pageants are a good thing?
Five years old shouldn't be bombarded with the pressure of being ';pretty'; and all the other pressures that come along with pageants. I saw a show were a women was justifing he reasons for putting her child in beauty pageants, she said that it brought her and her daughter together. Why go such great lengths in to being together? You can do much more simpler and safer things at home.
i agree too it puts pressure on the poor kids they're put on the spot and if they don't win they feel like'' Why didn't i win ';.and then the child becomes more competitive and feel that they need too win or they put their family down and their selves down and then they compete until they win!!!!!
I completely agree with you!


People need to learn that fame and beauty are far from the most important things in life!


Let kids be kids and grow up and do what they want to do, not what their parent's dream for them is!


And yes, the 2 pieces and make-up are very inappropriate.





Interesting question!
yeah maybe if they didn't try to dress them like women it would be kinda cute but those little girls wear more makeup than i do and some dont even look that age! i dont think its good the way they go about it. like i said maybe if they just let the little girls BE little girls then it would be cute to see them! but yeah its too much pressure for a kid!





P.S


and i'm about to have a daughter and i would NEVER dress her up dress like they dress them, and you know there is some SICK MEN out there! i'd never do that to my kid!
I agree with you 100%!


I actually asked this same question before.


I think it's sad for a parent to have their child believing at even such a young age beauty is so vital. At that age a child should be out playing in the yard, not putting on makeup.
a mums think their child is the most wonderful creation ever I'm no different but no way would i parade my child as a mini adult. we need to keep them babies as long as possible they will grow up far too soon. it should be about dollies and prams as long as possible the make up comes too soon
it depends if the kid wants to do it or not in the first place and if they do the parents shouldn't push at all, kids switch from one thing to other, its up to the kids not the parents.
Nope. Its inappropriate and overrated. Its too much for kids to handle. They should be playing with dolls.
ANY beauty pageant is VAIN.
I dont think it is right but i like to watch the shows that they have.
No, I don't think that they are a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment