Sunday, April 25, 2010

I would like to know peoples opinions on baby beauty pageants.?

Do you think it is wrong to put a baby in a pageant. I just need some opinions because I have been thinking about putting my 9 month old baby girl in one.I would like to know peoples opinions on baby beauty pageants.?
I think if it is something you want to do with your daughter that's wonderful but I have to say that if it's putting makeup on a child and spending outrageous amounts of money on outfits then it isn't something I would do myself. When she gets older (if you keep going with it) then I think it becomes her decision about staying in it or not. Make it fun not a chore or a job. Let her be a child though. They already grow up too fast!I would like to know peoples opinions on baby beauty pageants.?
I don't think it is wrong. I think you start off with good intentions then people get WAY to serious and that is when it becomes wrong. Little girl don't need all that make up. They need to be dressed like a litle girl NOT like a mini me version of an adult.
Yes, I do think it is wrong to put a baby in a pageant. The baby is not old enough to express interest in those kinds of things so a pageant would be merely YOUR want. And I don't think parents should exploit their children in that manner. Beauty pageants are highly competitive and imo can wreck your childs self esteem if they don't win. Contests to see whose baby is cuter are ridiculous and shouldn't exist.
I think it's too young until they're old enough to tell you that they want to do it (3-4 maybe).





Every mom thinks their baby is the most beautiful, so it's natural to want to show your child off. But to go through all that and get your child started in something she might absolutely hate isn't (in my opinion) the best idea. When she's old enough to understand the concept, try then, and if she enjoys it and wants to do it, THEN it's fine.
i think its awesome. then when shes older you can tell her all about it! cute!
I think ALL beauty pageants are superficial %26amp; a waste of time and money. Add children to that %26amp; it only gets worse.
I concur with Sarah's answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment